Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Oatmeal Tips

Mine is a spartan oatmeal. There is not much adornment to it. Perhaps you prefer your oatmeal in a more baroque style. That is up to you! It is none of our concern here at "Oatmeal Tips," your online source for oatmeal tips. But I will say this. However you like your oatmeal, stick with it. Experimentation is fine - essential, even - in the early stages of establishing your oatmeal routine. But once you hit on the oatmeal variation that is right for you, don't play around too much. Today I tried to get fancy with my oatmeal. I had so many things going on that my stirring was off. As longtime "Oatmeal Tips" readers will recall, my stirring style is key to the way I like my oatmeal. But I got so caught up in the glamor of my newfangled oatmeal ideas that I nearly forgot why I fell in love with oatmeal in the first place. Let me say that the oatmeal was not ruined. Oatmeal is a resilient substance and capable of taking all sorts of abuse. But that is no reason to abuse it! Though I did not manage to ruin the oatmeal this morning, it was not from lack of trying. Learn from me, people. Oatmeal is forgiving. Learn from oatmeal. Have oatmeal tips? Send them to "Oatmeal Tips" c/o "Writer" Oxford, MS 38655.