Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Fun Summertime Activities


And while I'm telling you about something that's going to happen precisely three months from now, I should gently remind you of my readings this weekend at Square Books here in Oxford and TurnRow in neighboring Greenwood. Yes, the publication date of AWESOME is upon us, despite what the behemoth named for a river would have you believe with its scurrilous misinformation ("August 26th" [!]) which has already emotionally scarred the innocent Dr. "M."! By the way, I'm not being pushy! If you want to come to reading just to listen, that's fine! You don't have to buy a book. You can even jeer if you wish. It might do me some good! I realize that you have many choices for fun summertime activities, such as romping around, for example. I'll be grateful to the point of tears if you stop by to say hello, or sit down and allow me to drone you into a slumber. That's Square Books on the 11th (the official release date) and TurnRow on the 12th. 5:00 and 5:30 PM CST, respectively. Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to try in vain to wash the stench of commerce off my corrupted flesh. Bye!