Monday, July 28, 2008

Observing

I'm going to "link" to a nice little review I just received from the New York Observer. I know it goes against everything I pretend to stand for, but what the heck (see my favorite Peter De Vries quotation). Here's my reasoning: I can't seem to help going on and on about the novel's sole bad review (so far, that I know of), the one that mistakenly called me a "YA writer," so every time I pick at that scab again, maybe I earn the right to balance it with something positive. Let's not be coy! We all know what "blogs" are really for. So, the New York Observer says they're going to review "two first novels, one with a new voice, the other with a new everything." And the one "with a new everything," in their kind estimation, is my book AWESOME, which they proceed to describe in flattering terms. There. I said it, and I'm glad! Glad, do you hear me?