Monday, November 10, 2008

Laura Lippman Rubs It In


Looks like Laura Lippman can't resist rubbing it in: there are going to be fewer commercials featuring chimpanzees. She sent along the corroboration. ("Click" on her name to catch up on our recent chimp-based conversations.) Now, if you "click" on the "links" in that article she forwarded, however, I warn you that you will be taken to sad information about chimpanzees. This is not the first time that we have had sad chimp info and/or sad monkey info on the "blog." The fact that so much monkey information is sad should make me stop and think about what a horrible person I am. I have a wonderful book of ape portraits called JAMES & OTHER APES by James Mollison, with an introduction by Jane Goodall. Maybe that's the kind of ape art we can all get behind! But the index contains lots of sad ape information, I'm just giving you a heads up. (Pictured, one of Mollison's portraits.) Oh yeah, I bought JAMES & OTHER APES at Books, Inc., on Van Ness in San Francisco. A great store of dazzling variety, and they were very nice to me there.