Monday, May 17, 2010

A Cithern Is a Thing


Our friend from Hubcap City typed "cither." I was like, "Huh?" I was like, "Does he mean zither?" But then I found something called a cithern in my dictionary. So I added the last letter when I transcribed his email for the previous "post," though that was presumptuous. Because if he had typed "cithern" I would have been like, "Huh?" also. Because I never heard of a cithern until just now. How about you? Are you a big cithern fan? I don't know if that's right: cithern. Maybe my friend's copy of THE REPUBLIC said "cither." Maybe that used to be a thing. Maybe it still is. I don't know anything. I just sit around typing. But here, here's a picture of a cithern so you can see that it's a thing. I am sick of my random picture rule. I don't know why I even pretend to honor it. Isn't a picture of a cithern more helpful and fun? Let's hear it for education! Education teaches us things. And it's all thanks to citherns.