Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Great Big Wheel In Front


It has been far too long since we have discussed that kind of bicycle with the great big wheel in front and the tiny little wheel in back, for which we know the proper name is a "penny-farthing," thanks to Phil Oppenheim. All the more reason, then, to be grateful for this report from our Atlanta correspondent the NBIL: "A man riding a pennyfarthing down Moreland Avenue. He was wearing a black suit with a bowler hat." Yes, I know I am terrible about keeping my promise to illustrate this "blog" only with random pictures having nothing to do with the subject at hand, but I believe all my penny-farthing pictures come from my ignorant old "stealing bandwidth" days, and I would like to rectify that right here and now. Also, there is this from an old "post": "The Home Page of Penny-Farthing Riders!" (Exclamation point theirs.)