Friday, October 12, 2007

Arts, Briefly


Joey Lauren Adams has asked me to perform selections from Tennessee Williams with her on the Thacker Mountain radio program. We have tentatively settled on the climactic row between Maggie and Brick in CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF. Don't worry, I'll be Brick! Also don't worry because we know it will be funny... that's the point. We also tossed around the idea of STREETCAR: I practiced screaming "Stella!" last night. I thought I sounded like Jerry Lewis. It was opined by others on the scene that the effect was more like "Jerry Lewis and Jimmy Stewart had a baby." More on this breaking story as it develops. In other news, I'll be assisting again with the Hideout Bar's Christmas panto. This year's theme is a closely guarded secret, but I can reveal that Jon Langford and Kelly Hogan will be the other writers, and that the entire production will once again be under the unflinching eye of the formidable Sally Timms. (Arts, Briefly is not affiliated with the New York Times column of the same name.)