Thursday, January 24, 2008

Phil's T-Shirt



McNeil wants to know all about Phil's t-shirt in the recently "posted" photo. As you know, McNeil worships the idea of Phil without ever having met him. He claims to be building an altar based on the objects visible in the photograph. I thought the shirt appeared to promote the John Woo film HARD-BOILED (which may place the photo at an earlier date than previously reported, given the pristine quality of the shirt, but who cares? This is a "blog"!). Phil was able to confirm the shirt's connection to HARD-BOILED. "That shirt is now immortalized in a t-shirt quilt that my mother-in-law made for me," Phil went on to report. When I relayed that information to McNeil, he expressed a desire to buy the quilt. "I could sleep with Phil's smell," were his exact words on the subject.