Thursday, July 17, 2008

Utilitarian


This is when the "blog" becomes a "slog." Ha ha! Wheeeee! That's wordplay! I mean, isn't it? Anyway, with Square Books and TurnRow under my belt, it's time to take the "book tour" on the "road." And the schedule has changed a bit since I told you about it last, so here's where I give you a long, boring "post" about when and where I'm reading. Looks as if a few more dates might be added - Brooklyn in mid-October, perhaps - so check back often! Or don't! Yes, don't. July 21: Lemuria Books in Jackson, MS. July 22: Garden District Book Shop in New Orleans, LA. July 23: Jefferson Parish Library, Metairie. July 24: Octavia Books, New Orleans. August 5: Changing Hands Book Store, Tempe, Arizona! August 6: Book Passage in San Francisco, CA. August 8: Books, Inc. (also San Francisco). August 9: Book Soup in Los Angeles. August 14: an A Cappella Books special event at the Highland Inn, Atlanta, GA! That one is right across the street from our old apartment and just up the block from Manuel's Tavern, plus I'll have my ideal opening act: Hubcap City! Yeah! August 15: Wordsmiths Books, Decatur, GA. Weekend of August 29: Decatur Book Festival. October 4: Louisiana Book Festival, Baton Rouge. October 8: Happy Ending Reading Series, NYC. October 9: Greenwich Village. (Pictured, utilitarian philosopher Jeremy Bentham.)