Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Sepsey Generation


Mysterious stranger and "blog" fan (!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????) James Sepsey, responding to a recent "post," writes to ask if I remember "Bullet Man," a friend of GI Joe. He sends the black-and-white photo you see to your right. I do not remember Bullet Man - at least this Bullet Man - though he seems to be based on the old Fawcett Comics character (below) to whom I have alluded on this very "blog" (and in my next novel, until that paragraph was cut). The helmet is different. What is the relationship between the two Bullet Men? That would require some "Googling" and I just don't have it in me. I can't make myself care. I'm having a lot of difficulty just typing this. What am i doing with my life? Is this it? At the end of the day, IS THIS REALLY IT? The only thing that got me through was my delightful "play on words" in the title of the "post."