Tuesday, January 15, 2008

McNeil's Movie Korner


Welcome once again, dear friends, to the cozy environs of McNeil's Movie Korner. McNeil reports that he watched TOKYO DRIFTER on TCM the other night. TOKYO DRIFTER was the subject of much enjoyment when McNeil and I watched it together several years ago during an early precursor to the McNeil's Movie Korner Film Festival. "Robert Osborne gave it a long introduction," said McNeil, referring to TOKYO DRIFTER's recent TCM airing. "What did he say?" I asked. (As you know, I no longer have access to TCM, and sorely miss Mr. Osborne's commentary.) "I didn't listen," McNeil replied. I was floored, people! Stunned! Oh that I were in such a position as McNeil, though the thought of taking Robert Osborne for granted appalls me to my very soul. McNeil doesn't know how good he has it! I hope he never has to live like me.