Monday, August 10, 2009

The Magic Animals About Which I Was Helpless to Inform You


I didn't "blog" on Friday or Saturday because I didn't "feel like it." Yet on Sunday and most of today, my "internet" did not work! So I was not ABLE to "blog"! It just goes to show you what Mark Twain said about "blogging" was true: the man who won't do it has no advantage over the man who can't. Such a backlog! For example, McNeil recalls the "alcohol" coda to the children's taunt we have been discussing... but in the version his daughters practiced it was the gentleman in the "K-I-S-S-I-N-G" equation who was spotted drinking, not the baby, as recent variants apparently would have it. Nor was I able to rush to you with information about the "evil pig" I read about in Yeats, a magical animal which "slew Diarmuid" - whoever that is! - "where Ben Bulben mixes with the sea wind" - wherever that is!