Thursday, August 06, 2009

Media Report


It is already time for another timely "Media Report." Today we examine the media of author photos and children's taunts. First up: author photos. The good people at Skylight Books have "posted" some information about my upcoming appearance there. They obliged me by using the photo I am trying to talk my balking publisher into using, even though it makes me look like I am wearing a toupee if you look closely. Next up: the schoolyard taunts of innocent tykes. Last night I happened to be in the proximity of a child who was indulging in the classic ditty "______ and ________ sitting in a tree/ K-I-S-S-I-N-G." She went through the familiar lines about love, marriage, and baby carriage. But then she appended a coda of which I was unaware. Perhaps you have heard it, but it was entirely new to me. It went: "And that's not all/ That's not all/ I saw the baby drinking alcohol." To which I responded: "!"