Monday, June 07, 2010

About Me


For a long time now, over in the little "About Me" sidebar, the "About Me" has gone a little something like this: "Books I wrote: AWESOME (on the San Francisco Chronicle's 50-best fiction list, 2008) - YOUR BODY IS CHANGING (Entertainment Weekly raves 'B+'!) - THE MYSTERIOUS SECRET OF THE VALUABLE TREASURE (featured on NPR's 'You Must Read This')," followed by a mention of my fourth book, SHUT UP, UGLY. As you may recall, SHUT UP, UGLY was supposed to come out in August of 2009. It received a couple of reviews based on that assumption, even. Then horrible events transpired in the world of publishing. Today I'm going to take SHUT UP, UGLY off of the sidebar because I can hardly imagine it happening anymore. Even if it does, at some date in the future, it is unseemly for me to assume as much. So away it goes. I have a solitary galley and I will come to your house and read it to you. Somehow I imagine myself striding through a post-apocalyptic wasteland to get there, like a character in a Kevin Costner movie called THE NOVELIST.