Monday, December 04, 2006

There's That Old Man

Watching an old (1932) movie on TCM, entitled UNION DEPOT. There was this actor playing an unfortunate vagrant. "What have we seen him in?" I asked Theresa. Turns out he was in the DVD of 42nd Street (1933) we watched a few nights ago... playing the rich fatcat who backs a big Broadway show. Wow! Life sure does make you think, doesn't it? Golly. Rich in one movie and poor in the next one. And that's not all. The child actor Dicky Moore was in UNION DEPOT, too. A few months ago I saw him, along with a few other former child actors, in a new interview with Robert Osborne on TCM. So when I saw the four-or-five-year-old Dicky Moore in the movie, I said to Theresa, "Hey, there's that old man." Think about it. It'll blow your mind. I don't think you're hearing me. I saw a little kid and I said, "Hey, there's that old man." It was deep. I didn't even mean to say it. And Theresa was like, "Yeah." Life! I've got a million of these.