Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Secret of "Blogs"

Here is why "blogs" were invented. To trick people into buying one of the three books you have written. And I am at heart a simple man who wishes his "blog" to accomplish a simple task. Yet here I am like a character from Othello or Godfather III or some other award-winning drama, constantly pulled into the seedy underworld of my own psyche, yea, into the corrupt nature of "blogging" itself. According to Jeff McNeil, Jim Whorton's first lunch box, a 1971 model featuring the Hair Bear Bunch, is going for 59 cool ones on ebay. I'd love to say that this is the last time I will ever discuss old lunch boxes on the "blog," but we both know that's a crock. It's the nature of the game, baby. "Blogging" is a harsh mistress, as the old saying goes. "Blogging" will chew you up and spit you out. I'm just trying to survive, man - to live to "blog" another day. It's in my blood. Or my "blogd," as I call it in my special language of "blogging." Besides, McNeil has offered his services as "official lunch box checker" and if you could see his beady little eyes... well, you'd know why it has to be this way.