Sunday, January 18, 2009

She Keeps Right On Marveling


I am happy to report that the New York Times seems to be back on track with its Jerry references. I have just enjoyed my third in a single week. "The French were right" about Mickey Rourke, marvels a reporter, and she keeps right on marveling about how much they love Jerry Lewis too (a worn-out trope, perhaps, as I have suggested before, though in context she seems to be making the welcome admission that if they were right about Mickey they must also be right about Jerry, or maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that doesn't sound like me). Hey, kids, here's Jerry with Eydie Gorme. I know you have no idea who Eydie Gorme is. No one expects it of you, not even Eydie Gorme. But if you had any human decency you'd check out her "blog" at steveandeydie.com.