Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tom, Tom

I was having dinner over at Manuel's Tavern with my sister when I looked at the TV screen hanging over her head and saw a bulletin announcing the death of character actor Tom Poston. As a small tribute, we give you this "link" to the time we mentioned Mr. Poston on the "blog." Also, Jeff McNeil called today to tell me that Tommy Newsom, a fixture of the old TONIGHT SHOW, had died. I guess it was a year ago or more that Jeff introduced me to the Johnny Carson "web" site. One of the things you can do there (you have to experiment and mess around a little to figure it out) is find out who was on THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JOHNNY CARSON on any given night. And there are little summaries of what they talked about, not to mention a synopsis of the monologue. In the right frame of mind, a sad man might spend several hours goofing around on the Johnny Carson "web" site in such a fashion. Give it a visit for old Tommy Newsom, won't you?