Saturday, December 16, 2006

Slowing Down

Many of you have noticed that the pace of the "blog" has been slowing down. Well, I've been busy watching seven Dick Powell movies (and one Dick Powell, Jr. movie!), and I still have three more to go before I finish my article. As ways of making a living go, this is a piece of cake. I'm not complaining! But I hope you will understand and forgive me for my inattention. Also, what if I accidentally "blogged" some wise insights about Dick Powell? My article would suffer! It would be unprofessional! The good news is, the "Blog" Buddies are stepping forward to take up some of the slack. I've just received a new edition of McNeil's Movie Korner from the man himself. If I work up the energy, I'll "post" it later today. Plus the mysterious lady "M." may be investigating the rumored closing of Uncle Mort's, which she says she liked best in winter, when the fire was going. It's just like the ending of IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. I'm the richest "blogger" in town! And now Theresa is in the kitchen humming the theme to THE 7th VOYAGE OF SINBAD, which just started on TCM. The theme sounds strangely, in the hummed version, like Smokey Robinson's "Tears of a Clown." No Sinbad for me today, thank you! I'm all movied out. But I could listen to Theresa hum all day. In fact I cannot conceive of a more pleasant occupation.