Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Funny Coincidence

Here's a fascinating tidbit from real life! Yesterday I sent off my bio to the good people at Ole Miss, where I will be the visiting writer-in-residence very soon. I included a boastful line about the movie that Kent and I wrote for Cartoon Network ("production beginning this summer," the line concluded, dewy-eyed). Within minutes, my grand life story was disseminated to persons all over greater Mississippi! And LITERALLY minutes after that, I got a call from a VP at Cartoon Network, letting me know that the production has been scrapped for all those various reasons that productions get scrapped. That happens with movies sometimes! No need to get upset! Kent and I had a lot of fun working together and everyone at the network was polite and kind, and at least I got to see Barry Sonnenfeld on an elevator.