Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Q&A

My sister writes in to ask, "Do you dislike the guy who writes the Say, Sport blog?" My answer: No! Emphatically, I like Jamie Allen. There, I've said it. We've tried a few "pretend feuds," such as when he thought I didn't recognize him and when I objected to the name of his favorite coffee shop, but I thought it was clear to one and all that we were just "horsing" around. Speaking of "horses," I even recommended Allen's piquant series of reports from the Kentucky Derby, which I thought were quite amusing, informative and enjoyable. I see now that he has added even more about the Kentucky Derby - it's turning sort of epic - and you need to start with this "post," rather than the one I recommended earlier. I trust this puts the matter to rest! It spoils the whole "pretend feud" thing to talk about it out loud but apparently it wasn't going as well as I thought anyhow. I've had a couple of interviews lately in which the interviewer started a question this way: "You say on your 'blog'..." and I thought, uh-oh. What did I say on my "blog"? Because if I may be frank, I put very little thought into it sometimes. That's what I like about it. And if I have to start thinking too much before I "blog," well, I don't know what will happen. On the plus side, it means that I get these young "internet" kids asking me about Jerry Lewis. I want to wear a big button that says ASK ME ABOUT JERRY LEWIS.